I Am a Man…



I am a man born into a family 

To which I owe my blood and sweat. 

My father did the same and so did his father’s father.

 

In the natural process of evolution 

I grew up believing 

That everyone around owes me. 


I am a twenty-first century man 

But I find it harmless 

In oscillating between 

Stereotype and modernity.


I love to please myself with girls around.

Now, I have my eyes glued to one

But unlike every other man

I ‘chose’ to be kind to her


You see, she should know 

How important my clan is to me! 

She is an outsider

Who has yet to win my trust 

To become an insider. 


I am constantly at war with the world

In bringing food to the table

My battle scars need to be caressed 

For I put the divine plan into motion. 


I am the protector, the liberator 

I protect her for she is naive

I liberate her of her delusions. 

I know what’s good for her

So I chain her from time to time. 


I know how the world works 

So I have my way with her. 

My sway over her is so vital

That she no longer identifies 

With the irritant talks 

Of equality and autonomy.


She worships me

For I am the guarantor

Of her livelihood

I am her profession, her pursuit. 


Oh, she is such a delight!

I love her  

For she is tamed enough to not defy me

Once she did and faced the repercussions

She begged me to take her in

But I am a man

And I am kind. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IN A FEW WORDS AND POINTS- THE MIXED BAG

THE MANY RAMAYANAS FOR AN UNPREJUDICED MIND

THE LITERARY CANON: AN OVERVIEW